|Yumminess before the jars.|
By the way, making salads in mason jars for weekly lunches is so much faster than making a pot of soup. Duh, right?
The brilliant news is that jar salads stay fresh for a solid 5-7 days. I'll post a picture of Friday's salad later this week just to confirm.
What are the rules?
- Put the dressing at the bottom. I used 2 Tablespoons, which was plenty for me.
- Then, put something that can serve as a barrier between the lettuce and dressing. Obviously, this layer is going to get the most exposure to the dressing, so choose a more sturdy vegetable. I used carrots, celery, radishes, and broccoli for this week's salad. Use whatever you have.
- Next, add a grain or noodles, if you'd like. I used a quinoa this week.
- If you're up to it, a protein such as cheese or hard-boiled egg goes next.
- Finally, the greens themselves.
- I take a bowl to dump mine into, but you could also try your luck just diving right into the glass jar.
|Just dump it right in!|